Friday, August 13

Anxiety & Cheree Berry Stationary


Serious major sighs are going on in my brain right now.
It is August 13th, my birthday is in one week, I am pale, my hair is dry, and I have been cooped up inside for the majority of the summer. Remember when you were young and summer's meant no priorities, no alarm clocks, no plans - just constant activity and sunshine and ice cream cones? = sighs and grunts.

My plan for this summer was to spend as much time as possible enjoying the summer sun and all of the colorful beauties of this wonderful season...


 This has been so extremely far from my summer reality and my skin looks like an ash tray.

I also had the ambitious idea of throwing a brunch barbeque for all of my cool friends with mimosas, tiny pancakes on the grill, delicious desserts, decorations and even invitations.


Let's just add this to the list of "Summer Plans That Got Away."

But, I have to say. If this bbq had panned out the way I had planned, my invitations would have been sahweet! I would have used chic invitation/stationary designer, Cheree Berry.


Drawing inspiration from her own wedding...


Yes, please.

So now, I have t-minus 2 weeks until September 1. Step one is some sunshine on this pale face and step two is to enjoy this last month of summer weather before the leaves turn and I am walking to work in 5 feet of snow.
What do you have planned for your last few weeks of summer sun?

{photos of Grace Kelly via Flickr, photos courtesy of Martha Stewart and Cheree Berry}

No comments: