Wednesday, December 22

Charleston, South Carolina

Tomorrow I am ditching my normal Chicago Christmas routine and taking some time away from work to spend the holidays with my family. We are traveling to Seabrook Island where my family has a house surrounded by palm trees, golf courses, beautiful homes, cute boutiques, topsiders and the ocean.


We usually head into Charleston a few times throughout the week, which always leaves me wishing I could transform myself into a southern belle and only dress in Ralph Lauren and Lilly Pulitzer and tie pretty scarves around my neck. And the houses look like this...


After enjoying a long Christmas weekend {Dave flies in on Christmas night!}, we are heading here...


a special place that I can't even begin to describe.







We eat a lot, hunt, shoot skeet, go horseback riding, get massages, drink beers, and I come back 10 pounds heavier but somehow feeling 30 pounds lighter and completely de-stressed. It is an old plantation nestled in the old country of South Carolina. These are a few photos from last years trip, and once I return I will have a detailed recap of this years adventure!

No comments: