Friday, February 11

Have a Lovely Weekend!


Happy Friday my sweet readers! I am so looking forward to this weekend and the plans that I do and don't have. My nights are low key for the most part, and aside from a 12 mile run tomorrow {yuck}, I am excited to see what the weekend has in store. Dave & I are celebrating Valentine's Day on Sunday since he is jetting to the East Coast next week for work. I'm excited to get dressed up and look pretty for our date, I feel like these days are so few and far between when we are able to find the time to sit down for two hours together, out of our apartments & all cleaned up. We are going to Tarantino's, an adorable Italian restaurant with a great wine list and cute tables for two. I have a sweet little Valentine's gift for Dave that I am going to preview for you tomorrow {luckily Dave doesn't read my blog too often!}  Since Chicago is currently colder than the North Pole, dressing up and staying warm is unfortunately not an option - so I am going to freeze for the evening.


Since it is no where near Spring in these parts, I am going to stick with the basics. I absolutely adore the first dress, but any of these would do.

1. Flutter Sleeve Dress
2. Ruffle One Shoulder Dress
3. Abigail Lace Dress

*I currently do not own any of these {nor have the $$} so I plan on hunting this weekend.

I would keep it sweet & simple with the accessories. Throw in a little color & some pretty earrings, good to go.

1. Valentino Bow Pump 
*shocking side note, Paris Hilton makes a cute alternative without the $$$.
2. Pave Posy Clip Earrings

All of this will be hiding under an enormous puffy North Face coat, scarf, boots, gloves, and hat. Dave will be shocked, since he has probably forgotten that I am capable of looking cute in these dark winter days. On top of dinner, Sunday is supposed to be 40 degrees in Chicago! So I hope to make the day enjoyable for both of us, by cooking breakfast, taking Webster to the dog park, and moving slowly with no plans whatsoever. But enough about me, what are your plans?! Anything fun with your valentine?




See you Monday!

No comments: