Wednesday, June 22

Headed North

This weekend I am headed to Mackinac Island for another wedding. I am super excited because I hear this place is absolutely dreamy. They do not allow cars on the island which makes for a very peaceful little town and I can't wait to escape city life and enjoy some time on the water. I plan to take in this special spot and enjoy all of the beauty it has to offer, plus celebrate the marriage of two more friends! 
I plan to wake up early, enjoy coffee in an adirondack chair, rent some bicycles, explore, eat yummy food, celebrate, sip champagne, and take lots of photos.


The lakeside always transforms my style into extremely preppy, nautical, boating attire so I plan to pack lots of stripes, daytime dresses, florals, boat shoes, color, a party dress, and a fun bathing suit. 

Dave is the best man, so I am tagging along for the majority of the wedding festivities. We are stopping at our friends house on Thursday night for a fun day on the water Friday, before driving the extra hour north to Mackinac. I can't wait!

Have you ever been to Mackinac? Any recommendations? I'd love to hear!

{images via}

9 comments:

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

sounds pretty fantastic! ive never been there but i want to go sometime. :) xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

Another wedding?! Sounds fantastic!! I've never been there but it looks gorgeous and little bit like Charleston, SC.

LOVE the days shoes and that orange flowy dress with the aqua scarf! Great picks!!

natasha {schue love} said...

My aunt and uncle go to Mackinac Island every summer and I've heard it's very quaint and relaxing there! Can't wait to hear all about it...and see pictures!

Shari said...

Should be awesome! I'm actually headed there for a wedding on July 4th weekend. You will have to report back at dinner next week! Can't wait to meet you. :)

Shari said...

P.S. I added you to my sidebar today. I'm excited to read more from you. :)

Nicole Marie said...

how fun! have a blast!

Jen said...

I've been there and LOVE it!! Stay at the Grand Hotel if you're staying over night!! It's gorgeous! But fyi... there is a dress code. Have fun!

Quote Prints

Meredith said...

I love Mackinac- ohh the fudge, the delicious fudge!

Unknown said...

I forgot about the delicious fudge! Yes!