Wednesday, July 28

Leather for fall & things I would like.

Now more than ever I want to purchase things that I can't afford. Fall is by far my favorite season for clothes and accessories and I love how fashion magazines taunt us with these fab new pieces before they even hit stores. I am slowly starting to see fall fashion trickle into stores and online, which makes me want to update my wardrobe stat.

Leather is one textile that I think I have a love hate relationship with. I love how edgy, cool, chic it can be paired with something feminine, and when you splurge on a nice piece of leather people take notice. However, it is one of the most pricey pieces you can buy, and please don't ever buy faux leather - it looks fake and cheap and trust me people have the power to tell these things.

This fall, leather seems to be stealing the show with some seriously cool pieces...


...like this Vince Leather Dress, perfect for work or play...


...or the Joie 'Jalese' Leather Top, very cool with some dark denim...


...love, love, love this Leifsdottir leather mini, a feminine use of leather. Also, did you know that Leifsdottir is Anthropologie's private label??? You learn something new everyday, don't you...


...this ALC Leather Laight Skirt is another way to add some feminine leather to your wardrobe...


...these are cool! Rag & Bone Paper Bag Leather Shorts, cool with tights and some serious platform pumps...


...as far as shoes go, I know that oxfords are the coolest things to sport these days. However, I am short and feel dumb in these. Unfortunately, I think I love this pair - Joie Louie Louie Wingtip Flats. The suede and leather look effortlessly chic...

And just because I can, I would also love these for fall...


...this BB Dakota Douglas Blazer is the perfect color for fall, and it's $95...


...and I love when I can wear big, comfy sweaters rather than a jacket, this Vince Striped Drape Cardigan would work just fine...


...Frye boots are my ultimate must-have for the season. I have three pairs that I recycle thru each season, they are the perfect addition to any outfit. These Frye Dorado Low Boots are the perfect color, height, aged, wear & tear, I love them...


...and then because all of my boots seem to be a little more masculine than feminine, I think these Tory Burch Elle Riding Boots would do just fine...






..and finally, how darling are these? I love them all. They are so dainty and precious and feminine and girly and adorable. Gorjana Owl Stud, Gorjana Love Bird Stud, and Gorjana Sand Dollar Stud. Perfectly Simple.


..ok, and also these Karen Walker Deep Freeze Sunglasses which I think will help me to channel my inner Ralph Lauren model-self this fall, because my goal is to stick to the classics - pieces that I know I will wear and can wear year round.

So, what do you say, what are you coveting for this upcoming fall season?

Happy Fall Shopping!

No comments: