Tuesday, July 20

Pass me a tomato, please!

I love grilling up some yummy veggies when the weather is hot and the produce is colorful and bright! I like to pretend that I am this wonderful chef who can create anything anyone ever desires and can make recipes up in a blink of an eye, but sadly that is a blatant lie and I am still learning to be the cook I see in my dreams.

When I told Dave {boyfriend} that I wanted to cook him a summery dinner tonight while he relaxes on the couch he got all excited & I knew this mean't he wanted to cook with me {how cute right? not really}. We are both living in this false reality that we are amazing cooks = too many cooks in the kitchen = my idea backfires.

So I plan on going in with a game plan of what we are going to make so he doesn't have a choice. I have been loving on tomatoes hardcore lately so here is what I have in mind...


Tuna Stuffed Tomatoes! Yummmmmm, Dave will think I'm legit.


Grilled Steak with Chickpea & Tomato salad - may be difficult because I can't grill.


Chilled Shrimp with Tomato Salsa! Fresh & Easy


Mussels in Tomato Sauce! Dave will think I'm even more legit!


Proscuitto Tapas with Aged Parmesan, Olive & Chickpea Salad, and Sundried Tomatoes {which I will add because they are yummy}

I think the Tapas sound the most fun - Dave & I do well with finger foods and some vino, but cooking up something together is just as fun. What do you think?

{photos & recipies courtesy of Real Simple}

No comments: