Thursday, March 3

take me to the beach!

In exactly 4 weeks I will be ditching this Chicago weather for sunny, 80 degree days. My cousin is getting married in Fort Lauderdale so of course I needed to make a 5 day trip out of this wedding weekend. I am already browsing my favorite stores for cute, beachy outfits and my problem is that I want it all. I am so ready for bright colors, nautical dresses, and flippy floppies - I just can't get in the mindset here in cloudy, cold, and windy Chicago. There are so many options to choose from and just not enough money in the bank to satisfy my needs. Because let's get real, these are necessities, not wants.





I love stripes and navy and red. I also love big straw bags, aviator sunglasses, and loads of color. I am torn between these two happy looks but any and all of these additions to my beach wardrobe would be sincerely satisfying to my needs. 

Nautical: 
Eugenia Kim Raffia Fedora. Why so $$, you're so cute?!
Markus Lupfer Red Silk Dress
The City of Kings We Are Owls Scarf
Ray Ban Classic Aviators
DVF Striped Bikini
Milly Bandeau Bikini
Rainbows. The best flip flop ever.

Fun Accessories:
Milly Cocomo Cotton Dress
Hampton Sun SFP 35 Continuous Mist
Capri Cosmetic Bag
Date Night Ring
Stella McCartney Raffia Sandals
Elephant Safari Earrings
J.Crew Farmers Market Tote
La Piscene "The Pool" Beach Towel

I can't wait until Chicago's temps warm up, we can enjoy weekends at the beach, new patio furniture, and tans. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, but for now, I will be dreaming about my 4 weeks until Florida.

No comments: